Counterfeit Monkey is now being maintained as an open source, community project, with Petter Sjölund spearheading the effort. Thanks to Petter and the rest of the team, it has just had its latest update with Release 8, available here. This version fixes various bugs discovered since the last release, which came out about a year ago. Thanks to Damien Neil, Dan Brown, Ian Kelly, Lauren Brazier, and Michael Gundlach for reporting bugs! And special thanks to Dannii Willis and Andrew Plotkin.
There’s a link to the complete change log for those who are curious, but a quick summary is below.
Among the most important changes:
- Fixes a hang that would occur on some interpreters when resizing the game window or clicking on the compass rose while being asked to reply yes or no.
- Fixes a bug where the game would use the achievements from the save file rather than the external monkeyac file after restoring, This meant that a save game from a different session, such as from another interpreter or computer, would award you the achievements from that session. Achievements are now properly reloaded from the monkeyac file after a restore.
- Works around a bug where the player could get stuck after showing the pass to the secretary.
- No longer awards achievements upon dying that were meant to be awarded when finishing the game.
- Makes all player input case-insensitive.
- Fixes a bug where restoring a save game from an interpreter without support for graphics would break the map display on an interpreter which supports graphics.
- Adds a massive pug.
Counterfeit Monkey is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license.